Thursday, September 22, 2011

Enchanting England!

The south coast of England is one of the prettiest places I have been and every time we go to visit Paul's family, we go to Beachy Head where the chalk cliffs are at their best. Each time I see them I am surprised again at the depth of green of the grass and the color of the cliffs, because the pictures we take never look as green or striking as the cliffs are in real life.


We hiked two hours to Bell Tout and back along the cliffs

We spent a day in Alfriston, one of my favorite villages in the area, where the streets are too narrow for two cars to pass and the buildings are hundreds of years old. We stopped to have cream tea and scones (I had delicious fresh mint leaf tea from their garden).


One of the old houses that we picked as "our house" years ago when I first came here with Paul.


We walked along the Cuckmere River that winds through Alfriston.

For four days we were in Birmingham area visiting Paul's sister, Alison, and family

And we did more walks while we were there.



It took Bryan awhile to warm up to the family and friends that he met, but at least he warmed up to Mum quite well in the end.




No comments: