Sunday, May 18, 2008

Furniture Fest

While in Kinston, NC this past week, I stopped by an antique store to check out furniture and oil lamps (I collect oil lamps). I fell in love with these Victorian chairs instantly and thought how perfect they would look in the sitting room off the master bedroom, which we decided would be like a library / spinning room.

Most of the time I like to get up before Paul, and love to read while he's still sleeping. And, sometimes I like to spin at night after he's in bed, but don't like to hang out alone downstairs. So this little side room off the master bedroom is perfect for times like these. Paul let me have free reign to "decorate as girly as I please."


The above chair is supposed to be the gent's chair, according to the tag.


And this is supposed to be the ladies' chair. But Paul thinks this one looks more manly.


Then, I saw this beautiful mahogany corner cabinet that I adored so sent pictures back to Paul to get his stamp of approval to have this in the living room.

On my way out of town on Thursday, I stopped by the antique store and they helped me load everything in the truck. I bought a tarp in case of rain and tie-downs at Home Depot for the occasion. Good thing because once I got to Greensboro the rain was coming down in buckets and I hate to think what would have happened to the beautiful furniture in the back.

I did the obligatory stop at Dairy Queen in Cary-- this was the biggest Dairy Queen ever! Mom you would have been in heaven.
We assembled the bed that we bought last month and arranged the furniture in the bedroom to how we think it will stay.

Oh it is so pretty!

The sitting room with chairs and empty bookshelf.

We also set up our hummingbird feeder this weekend- it is so beautiful in our backyard! No visitors yet but they'll find it before too long.

No comments: