Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home Sweet Home

My dear sister texted me yesterday asking if I had any recent pictures to post of the house. Coincidentally, the fun thing is that on my day off last Wednesday I really enjoyed being home in the morning to see the sun come in through the windows. I was sitting enjoying my cereal and feeling so fortunate and thankful to have a home right now in these difficult economical times. The talk radio that I listen to has no happy news these days and every day I feel so sad for people's loss of jobs and homes. So that morning while pushing out the negative and thinking about my blessings, I wanted to capture the moment for myself by taking a couple pictures of my favorite rooms in the house as the sun was streaming in. Here's our kitchen with dinner in the crock pot on the island.


And the bathroom, which I don't think has changed since last I posted pictures (other than a few new plants around the fountain). Oddly, my bathroom is my sanctuary when I want to relax. The water trickling in the urn (big brown thing in the center) is pure relaxation.. all I do is add water to the tub, hop in with a good book and enjoy the sun streaming in. This is the only room that has any decor other than furniture. We are on the 30 year plan!


I will add more pictures later of some of the other rooms that have furniture (some rooms are still empty) in case you are interested.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Your home is looking so nice!! And by the way, I just saw on Heather's facebook that she's going to be an aunt!! Do you have news???!?!?!!?!?!

Karen said...

Actually, Brian is the one with the news!!

Laura said...

That is exciting that Brian and Laura are expecting. Will you guys be in CA for Christmas? I'm off to AZ tomorrow. Merry Christmas Cousin!