Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Spare Room

I don't know what got into Paul the other night, but he came home from work and went straight into the Spare Room and started pulling out box after box after box.... "What the heck are you doing?" I asked, a bit concerned. "Looking for the Christmas decorations," he replied casually. If you know Paul, you'd realized how highly unusual it is for him to jump straight into a chore after work. He's more of a save-it-for-the-weekend kind of man.

I was ecstatic because I've been dreading the adventure for weeks, not having a clue where the decor was admidst the many boxes that we are storing in that room awaiting our move to our new home. We never bothered unpacking most of our things, knowing we were going to be moving in 6 months or so. Happily, Paul knew exactly where everything was because he methodically packed the room before he got his job.

After about 1/2 hour, Paul had blockaded himself into the back corner of the room by stacking boxes in the walkway he created to get there, so in the end I could not see him from the doorway.
"Paul, where are you?" I called out to the endless pile of boxes. "Over here!" he waved a hand at me over the top.
I was worried that something was going to fall on him, so I worked at clearing a pathway for myself to get to where he was, upsetting the strategic box placement that he made.
"Ah, there you are!" I think he was happy I came to help. :-)


A while later, with nothing more than a backache for catastrophe, we had all our boxes and Christmas tree out for decorating this weekend. We have one heck of a busy weekend planned!

1 comment:

xoxo Heather said...

what an adventure! but, my dear sister, I do believe it's spelled "Spare Oom" ; )