Monday, April 21, 2008

Bathroom Decorating Again

When I think about it, the bathroom is a strange place to start decorating when considering all the rooms in a house. But for us, it all started with the necessity of window coverings so we didn't have to take our showers in the dark. Then once we had curtains, we had a color palette to work from and it's been easy from there. Now, if I could just get Paul to tie back the curtains every morning with the fabric bows while I'm gone...

But the urn water fountain has been both the biggest pleasure and the biggest headache. It ended up looking larger than life once we got it in the bathroom and so softening it up and toning it down has been tricky. But this weekend I went shopping and bought some plants and accessories to soften the edges of the base and it magically turned the bathroom into a garden theme! The mushrooms that I got at the Biltmore last weekend that I was home are my favorite. The trickling water from the urn is soothing to listen to as we fall asleep at night, and it's relaxing as we get ready for work in the morning.

I got some live aquarium plants for inside the urn base and some activated carbon in a filter bag to work on clearing up the water.
Speaking of gardens, our backyard is springing to life with the rain and warm weather. The greenery around charlotte has been breathtaking (probably is this way every spring, but this is our first spring here).
Our weekend was filled of having fun decorating the bathroom and getting new furniture unpacked from boxes (last weekend while I was here in Virginia working, Paul went and picked up furniture we ordered) and setting up what we had time to assemble. I'll post more pictures when we get everything moved into the proper rooms -- it was mostly all too heavy to move ourselves and so we need to round up some recruits.

Well, I'm back in Virginia and it's time for bed. Good night!

No comments: