Friday, March 21, 2008

Busy, Busy

It's been over a week since I've posted any news, and that's because other than last weekend nothing exciting has happened! I've been working long hours in Virginia doing more well sampling and haven't found anything worth mentioning this week at work other than lots of cool birds at the site. But my camera doesn't have a super deluxe telephoto lens and so pictures would not show up. Some of the birds we saw include: cardinals, great blue herons, a greater or lesser egret (not sure which), a woodpecker (not sure what type), robins, Canadian geese and vultures.

I never got to meet up with my super fun cousin Laura because my schedule was not staying as planned longer than 1/2 a day at a time and with the long hours it just didn't work out. Hopefully in the near future... I'll be in Virginia for the next 5 weeks at least.

These pictures are from last weekend when Paul and I were running around trying to do everything we could in the two days we had together: furniture window shopping...



...Guests over for High Tea (Paul's idea of course) and then a nice candlelight dinner just the two of us at home. It was a fun weekend but we didn't sit down until this picture below on Sunday night. Our tea party earlier in the day included Nancy and Ana, our real estate agents that we have become friends with, and Ana's husband Scott. It was really casual but we had scones and a great selection of herbal teas and classic English breakfast. We forgot to take pictures, sadly.

This week the sweet folks in our office worked together to see that I got an extra day off this weekend. They talked it over amongst themselves to take over any work that I had to do in the office and talked it over with our client. Since I've been traveling so much and I'm about to start a "ten days on, four days off" schedule, our client insisted that I get a paid day off today to spend time with Paul and get rested up. It was so sweet of them, I nearly cried. Paul and I are taking advantage of both the resting up and the time together. So far we haven't gone anywhere today or done anything that wasn't pleasant, and we hope to keep it that way for the rest of the weekend as much as possible! Even the weather can't be beat!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

YES! I got a mention on the jeepers sheepers!

We will meet up soon, and if we can't find time in the next 5 weeks, then that's sad. We can do it!

P.s. did I already tell you that I saw a spinning shop in the mall by my house? With all the furs and spinners (not the correct terminology, I know). You would have loved it!

Karen said...

You have a spinning shop in the mall of all places?! Wow, what a cool place you live in! Yes it would be sad if we couldn't meet with 5 weeks to work around... I like your "we can do it!"

As for you guys coming down this summer for a look around NC, you know you are always welcome!