Saturday, March 29, 2008

Weekend Reflections

Time seems to fly when there's no time to rest. I have had one heck of a week working with a drill crew to collect soil cores for chemical analysis. We are on another plant searching for buried chemical waste that was possibly disposed of years ago. It's interesting work, but highly intense since I'm in charge of contractors this time and having to monitor their safety as well as do the sample collection, recording data and keeping a log of all times of when activities are completed for legal purposes. We have been working from 7am to 8pm and then as I've mentioned before, our office is really team oriented so we have the 'dinner social hour or two' afterwards. It nearly kills me to be social with the work crowd at that point in the day when I'm tired and we've already been around each other every day for 13 hours. But that's the way it is, and I seem to be the only person in my office who needs some personal space. So go with the flow, right?


Since Virginia is a far drive or flight for all who are involved on this project, our office is trying something new: ten days on, four days off. So this weekend we are working, and we leave to go home for four days on Wednesday. I was thinking back to last Friday when I had the day off with Paul...


Paul organized and catagorized his Star Wars figures


I worked on my scrapbook.. still in November, 2004 "Our Wedding"


And we spent some time with the girls. See Fairy behind my neck under my ponytail playing hide and go seek with Paul?

It was a good time.

My mom and her friend Charlene are visiting us in the southeast for nearly two weeks. Or I should say, visiting Paul, since I haven't seen them since they arrived at our house. At least we will have the four days off to tour around the Charlotte area together and spend some time before they have to go back to CA the following Monday.

Well, best be off to bed.

No comments: