Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lifeguard Duty

Sometimes I cry and complain that I have so much traveling to do, but in the same breath I have to admit I enjoy the actual work. I really do love my job... but how to find balance? After all, one of my mottos is: "To work to live, not live to work."



This week my task is to sit on the river shore, or in the comforts of the rental car, a Toyota Highlander, and call the boys every 15 minutes to make sure they haven't capsized the boat or anything. I call up. Mike answers, "Yo. We're still alive." and that's the sum of it. Meanwhile I work on last sleeve of The Sweater, read my latest book: "Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict" and snack on cookies. I run out to pick up lunch for the boys and help unload the samples from the boat at the end of the day. Today is Day One of five, and I'm well stashed with lots of reading material, yarn and snacks.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, It's Laura, Brian and I have been trying to e-mail u. Did you change your e-mail b/c our letters kept on getting sent back, We sent u a letter via US mail the other day.. Would love to here from you.. We both miss u guys! I forgot you had this blog..but I am happy I remembered and hopefully you get this :) E-mail me... Lmcrossco@aol.com