Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Spin or Not to Spin

A Tuesday back to the office as a first day of the week is harder than a Monday, I'm convinced. After being out in the field for work all last week in the most beautiful place I can imagine for environmental contamination, it's hard to be in the office. Although I can't specify where I was exactly, the important thing is to know that it was green, forest-filled and only remotely contaminated. Which made it a real pleasure to be there working. This is in every way opposite of every site I've been to in the Los Angeles area when I was doing the same type of environmental work there. So I have a new-found appreciation for my job.

My doldrums of being back in the office were also the result of having just finished a splendid three day weekend with perfect weather and having mixed fun/sense-of-accomplishment times.

Tonight, I got some things done that are not worth mentioning and then was going to dig out the box containing the rest of my Kromski spinning wheel parts and wool. But ugh. The box was on the bottom of the pile of other boxes, and it just seemed like too much work for a Monday.. I mean Tuesday. So maybe tomorrow....I do miss spinning so much though. My Majacraft wheel is the type that comes out of the box ready to go, so when I unpacked it from our moving boxes, it was all set to spin complete with half a bobbin of yarn already on it and a tease of a hank of fiber hanging from the flyer. It only took a half a minute to spin that last night, it seemed, and I was just getting warmed up. You spinners know what I mean. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night. It will be spinning first, chores second.

No comments: