Monday, September 24, 2007

Treadmills, Dumbells and Dingbats

We decided that we both needed to get started on taking our fitness more seriously awhile back. The key phrase is "get started" but a year into this new frame of mind and we were no more fit than we were when we started. Our fitness routine was once around the block once a month or so, give or take.

Since we've been in Charlotte, though, we've done much better. We've been to the plush fitness center at our apartment complex about 2 to 3 times a week for the past two weeks. It's a great start for us!

Even Fairy has some new exercise equipment on her jungle gym!




Tonight, I was talking on the phone with one of my friends from back home and decided to be slick and try to maintain the conversation while on the treadmill. Folks, don't try that at home. Not only could my poor friend not understand a word I was saying because of my breathing issues, but I found it really more difficult to coordinate than I thought (no wonder they say don't talk on your cell phone while driving). I apologetically ended the conversation and then left my phone in the water bottle holder. Paul now has to wait on me hand and foot (exaggerating slightly) because I over exerted my legs sprinting back to the gym to get my phone. Was it worth it? Lesson re-learned: there is a time and place for cell phones!

No comments: