Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Paul's New Job

I think this is going to be a real tough job that Paul's starting. Yesterday was his first day and he's already behind in his emails. He sat down in his office for the first time and was surprised to have 16 emails waiting for him with info about projects that need sorting out. He's supposed to fly out for a meeting next week, Tuesday morning and come back on the red-eye Friday at 6am with the expectation that he's going to come straight into work from the airport! I don't know.... seems over the top to me.
Meanwhile, since Paul now has the car to do his 1.25 hour commute, I am hoofin' it to work. Well, more like peddling. It only takes me about 15 - 20 minutes to get there, so it works out great! Only bummer is that it is really quite cold in the mornings now so that I need to wear gloves, two pairs of leggings and layered long-sleeves with a windbreaker, and just change into work clothes once I get there. Many folks at work have volunteered to pick me up in the mornings on their way in, but I will wait until I really need to take advantage of their generosity (once the ice and sleet set in). Anyway, I'm in the field so much that I will probably rarely need to ride to the office.

No comments: