Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tentatively in Tennessee

I know, it has been quiet from this front, but with good reason: I'm traveling in Tennessee for work. Yes, I can still write my blog but 1) our client does not allow cameras on site (and I feel a picture says a thousand words) and 2) I'm working most of my waking hours. Without pictures or time, I feel I'll bore you. But here's a synopsis just in case you're still interested:
We are groundwater monitoring and having an interesting time of it. Our sample containers arrived two days late, half of our equipment never turned up, the rental car company did not give us the four wheel drive vehicle we needed (initially, but they fixed the problem) and things just have not been in our favor this week in general. On the upside, we are working hard to make up for it, and we have been very inventive to make due with what we have.
The weather was gorgeous today and I kept thinking to myself: "If only I had a camera." Because even though we are on a "site" it is still pretty with lots of wildlife all around. I've seen lizards, butterflies, great blue herons, red-tailed hawks, wild turkeys and bugs, bugs, bugs. It's been in the 80's with moderate humidity, but tomorrow it is supposed to be a high of in the 60's - Yikes! My California blood is still thin, and anyways, it's been so warm here, too, that we haven't had to dip into fall/winter clothes.
Have a good evening-- I'm heading to bed!

No comments: