Friday, October 26, 2007

Returning from Fayetteville

Fayetteville, NC was where I was this week. I got back last night, a day early, and by golly it's good to be home! I am taking today off to spend with Paul since I've already worked plenty this week and he starts work on Monday. At the moment we are sitting by the patio door listening to the much-needed rain and sipping hot chocolate, while he and I do our "interneting" on separate computers. I guess it's quasi-romantic?

I liked the job site in Fayetteville. I have so far worked in prettier places since working with my company, but there was so much open space where we were working that the sky and clouds seemed to be within reach all the time. That's what was neat about it. We were in a large, grassy field and it was us versus the sky which kept marching on as if on a large conveyor belt, bringing in showers, followed by sweltering humid heat complete with blue sky and fluffy clouds, and then the low blanket of rain clouds again. The mast of the drill rig seemed to touch the clouds at times, they were so low. We had to keep our eye out for lightening in case we needed to head for cover, because it looked like we were asking for it with our giant lightening-rod looking drilling equipment reaching up to the sky in the middle of an empty field. But lightening never came, and we were safe. The sunsets, as you can imagine, were breath-taking every day because there were always some clouds upon which the sun cast its magic. Whoever said that California gets all the sunsets?

I never got to post these pictures this week because my internet connection was down in my hotel room. Here are the most recent photos that Paul took of our home construction:

I don't know what the green paper does, do you?

This is taken from the kitchen looking into the gathering room with the fireplace.

No comments: