Monday, October 15, 2007

Vagabonding in Virginia

I'm not on vacation, but my spinning wheel is! We made the trip together up here to Richmond, Virginia so that I could do more field work for a different site, and have some relaxation when I got back to the hotel. I chose to drive instead of fly this time and loved every minute of the 5 hours of greenery, slight color changes in the trees and lack of traffic. My Majacraft wheel rode shotgun.


I was so excited to find this comfy armchair in the hotel room. I'm staying in a very country-style decorated place and so I'm sure they thought nothing of it when I walked in with my spinning wheel and wool. Fun thing is the wool that I'm spinning right now for Trish matches the bedspread in the hotel room and has colors of the armchair in it too. When the wool's on the bed, you hardly see it. This picture was taken on my cell phone so the colors don't show up too good, but you get the idea.

I'll be here through Friday so brought plenty of spinning to do as my hours on this project won't be as long as a normal sampling week. I'm acting as a site contact for a contractor who is using fancy instrumentation such as elaborate metal detectors to search for buried treasure. Ok, more like buried waste that was buried half a century ago by folks that didn't know any better back then. But it's still interesting all the same. I never thought I'd get to work on so many interesting projects!

1 comment:

Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

Hey! Thanks for the great picture!