Friday, February 8, 2008

Priority Curtains

I know, I still haven't posted pictures of our move (really there aren't too many because: who had time to take pictures?). But I'm here in the field again, in South Carolina this time, and was feeling frustrated having to be away from our new home and all the new projects that need doing. So I brought a priority project with me: curtain material and my sewing machine. After our work was done yesterday, I grabbed a quick, but delicious, bite at Olive Garden and raced back to my hotel room to start sewing.


We have a bathroom window that faces other houses and so I've been showering in the morning when I don't need to turn any lights on. The whole house is wide open for everyone to see, but the bathroom is hard to be hidden in when showering. So, one night after work, when not dealing with our faulty smoke detector that chirped whenever it felt like it, I went to Target and found some shower curtains that I liked really well, and I figured were cheaper than expensive drapes. But then at Hancock Fabric they were having a sale on all decorator fabric and I found a perfect, sheer fabric that went really nicely laid over the shower curtain material. Then I realized that the sheer fabric and shower curtain were still not opaque enough combined to be private from our neighbors, so I bought some inexpensive muslin to line the curtain with. Whew. I can't say these curtains are exactly the most inexpensive, now that I'm done shopping, but they will be darn pretty!

No comments: