Monday, February 11, 2008

Signing and Moving

Well, here we are signing our life away a week ago last Thursday. We signed a million documents to buy our home, it seemed, but it was a fun experience with the attorney and our realtor, Nancy Edwards, who was there too.

Here we are as proud new home owners, with Nancy on the right. The attorney had just given us the keys. Paul, Nancy and I went out to lunch while we were waiting for all the funds to be transfered to where they needed to be. Our lender expedited things so that when we came back from lunch we were handed the keys!

Loading up the first load on Saturday morning. It took Paul and I two days to get this first load packed, starting Thursday after signing and getting our keys. Saturday, some people from my church, who I had never met, came and helped us unload at our house and carry furniture upstairs, which took all of about an hour! Then we all went back to our apartment, loaded up load #2, had pizza, and unloaded again at the other end. We don't know what we would have done without the 5 extra helpers!

Sunday morning Paul left for Sweden (work) and I spent the rest of the week between work and tying up loose ends. Some ladies from church (half of which I hadn't met) arrived at my apartment Monday morning and we got the place spotless in about an hour. Cleanup crew pictured below.

Starting to look and feel like home! Note that the bathroom curtains are still in progress on the floor center front below:

I have some more pictures from this weekend, but will post later... lunch break is over!

No comments: