Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snowfall in Fort Mill

Yesterday I was on day 5 of having a fever so I went to the doctor. She said what was expected: I had a virus and there wasn't any medication to cure it-- just have to take it easy and let my immune system fight it off. But she did prescribe me some snazzy cough syrup and warned me not to dose up and drive. Plus, she suggested I get some Mucilex D to clear out my sinuses to prevent further infection. The Mucilex wasn't too impressive, but that cough syrup- man! I took some last night and was out. Then this morning I got up to say goodbye to Paul as he was leaving for work, started coughing bad and so took another dose of syrup. It promptly sent me right off to sleep again and I didn't wake up for 4 hours! I would have kept right on sleeping but I had to check my work emails so dragged myself out of my airmattress that I have set up in the family room. When I got up I was surprised to find that it was snowing! It melted before it hit the ground, and only lasted a few minutes, but it was beautiful! I'm glad I woke up in time to see it. It is now bright and sunny and time to go back to sleep.

No comments: