Thursday, August 7, 2008

Exciting Times -- New Crock Pot

Back in April my mom and dad gave me a gift certificate to Bed, Bath and Beyond for my birthday. I've been saving it for something special-- one choice was new sheets as we are going to upgrade to a king size mattress sometime this year (for now, our queen mattress is on our new king bedframe so we keep bumping our shins getting in and out of bed). Another choice was curtain rods and tackle. But, I recently decided I really wanted the 7 qt. Kitchen Aid "Slow Cooker" (I will always call them crock pots, even though that is a brand name) that has great reviews.
My crock pot that I've had for years is a ~3 qt. cooker and I use it often to do chili and soups but it is not large enough to make a big batch for leftovers, and it isn't large enough to do roasts and chickens. Now that I am Miss Study for the Test, I thought it would be a good time to make the jump to the jumbo size and get dinner ready in the morning since I'm already up at the crack o' dawn anyway to get Paul off to work. This way I'll have more study time in the evening.

So this weekend we went and got the cooker and this morning I have a whole chicken in it with new potatos, carrots and onions with garlic and chicken broth, salt and pepper and various herbs. I'll let you know how our chicken turns out tonight. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the birthday present!!

1 comment:

Jeana Marie said...

oh - you just reminded me to go put my dinner on in my crock pot! They are fantastic aren't they?