Monday, August 4, 2008

Geology Exam Preparation Begins

One of my goals for this year is to take the national geology exam to become a "professional geologist." I am finding it so hard to get back into studying after being out of school for awhile now. I used to be able to sit down for 8 hours and study, but now I need a break after an hour and a half. I am so thankful for Paul who is being very helpful by taking care of most of the chores, giving me quiet time to study, and being there as a "rock" of support, a quartz monzodiorite, to be exact.
Yesterday, I was feeling reallllly stressed and test anxiety set in even though it's still 2 months away... there is so much information and I could not see how I was going to rememorize the things that I had 4 years to learn. Paul gave me a big hug and sent me upstairs to have a bath. My flashcards came with me, but laying in the warm bath calmed me down and allowed me to focus.
It's going to be a rough few months, and so the blog may get a bit quiet, but I'll do my best to keep posting if there's anything besides studying going on. For one thing, my cousin is coming down next weekend, so that will be fun, fun, fun! All the more reason to get my studying in early.

2 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

Oh - I wish you all the best in your studies! I am going to apply for Oz citizenship soon. If I had applied a year ago, it would have been EASY, but dept. of immigration threw a test into the process in 2008!

Karen said...

Oh dear! Are they going to ask you questions about the annual precipitation or population of major cities? Or more like Australian history? Sounds daunting esp. if you don't have any direction as to what to study.

Thanks for your well-wishes and same to you for your test!