Monday, January 7, 2008

Family Visit Memories

My laptop has my pictures scrolling through as a screensaver and so I had a glimpse of some pictures from the family visit that I had not seen yet. My mom is an excellent picture-taker and documents events with an amazing quantity of photos, so naturally they have not all appeared on my screen during my days at work. But as they do, I have a nice gift of surprise and memories.

For our English family, here's a picture to show we did the traditional "Christmas Crackers" at Christmas dinner, complete with the enclosed jokes and crowns.

Below is the big scrapbooking day, with the dining room table wedged into the family room so we could have a better view of the TV for the many movies we watched while working. The men were out of the house for the day. Can you tell what movie we were watching? Hint: Starts with a "P" and ends in the word "Bride"

This was a once in a life-time event: Dad offered to curl Heather's hair. She said that this was something she couldn't miss, and she was very brave. Surprisingly, Dad's "softer look" as he called it, was a hit.

No comments: