Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hot Chocolate Day

It's been cold and cloudy here for the last few weeks, with a few intermittent days of sunshine, but it is glorious! I love the rain and cold weather because it designates winter as winter. With California sunshine most of the winter long as my background, I'm really enjoying the feeling of moving through the year with progressive seasons.

In our office, it's a nearly daily ritual for several folks to walk over to the Barnes and Nobles' Starbucks for a bit of warming refreshment. Today was a good day for it, and so I joined in for the brisk walk in the crisp air with my fellow co-workers. Ah, hot chocolate! It has become my new drink of choice replacing my beloved Dr. Pepper. I'm trying to ween myself off the stuff that I have been drinking every day since college. Hot Chocolate satisfies the sweet craving, and is not loaded with carmel coloring (nasty stuff), or high fructose corn syrup (another nasty) and does not have as much caffeine and hopefully not as much sugar (not sure about that one) as Dr. Pepper. Hopefully by the time the warmer weather hits I will find something else sweet to drink that is healthier than hot chocolate. Orange juice?

While I was at Barnes and Noble, I bought the winter Spin-Off magazine -lots of inspiration as usual!


Don't know if I'll be reading much over the next few days, what with more fiber from Trish and packing to do.

No comments: