Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Sweater Saga

The Sweater, near completion with T minus 10 rows left to go on the collar, has switched from being Paul's sweater to mine. This is how it happened:

I was reading my new book, "A Fine Fleece" and was on the sizing section which was describing a scenario uncannily like mine: if the person's chest measurement is 41"..... it went down hill after that.... then you should make the sweater 46-47" to allow for ease and comfort. Uh-oh.

Paul is 41"around his chest and so therefore I had made The Sweater according to the pattern for 41." Dang it! No wonder The Sweater fit like a glove. I could see it in his eyes when Paul tried it on, "Gee, it's a bit snug." But he didn't dare say it, knowing how many many hours have been poured into it. But not to worry, "no biggie either way," to quote Dad, I was ready for a new spinning/knitting project anyway, and so it all worked out in the end.

I have already made some progress on the new sweater, The Sweater II, but I will post pictures later. I tried to tonight but I'm in a different hotel here in Virginia than in my favorite Hampton Inn and the internet connection is lousy. I waited 15 minutes to upload one picture, then wrote my long drawn out story and it all went ca-put and got erased. So the rest will have to wait until I'm back home again!

No comments: