Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Don't Feel Sorry for Me

By now a lot of folks near and far know that I'm riding my bike to the office every day when I'm not in the field. My family knows, and people at work can't help but notice when I parade down the hall with bike and riding clothes. I get a lot of looks that say, "you poor soul" and a lot of generousity by way of offers for a ride home. Believe me, I will not turn them down when it gets windy, rainy and icy, but for right now please don't feel bad for me!
If people don't envy me as they drive by, they should! The weather is perfect, if not a little on the cold side, and the scenery is to die for. All the deciduous trees are every shade from flame red to the softest yellow and salmon. The air smells of fall and leaves flutter down from above as I cruise down the sidewalk. Other bikers are smiling, walkers are smiling and I'm smiling. I even found I had a bug in my front teeth when I got home yesterday - no joke. I was thinking to myself: those poor souls in their cars don't know what they're missing!

These pictures are taken around my apartment complex, but my whole ride to work is pretty.




No comments: