Sunday, November 25, 2007

More Spinning

The spin-as-I-knit theory has led me to finish another ball of yarn for the sweater project. I was knitting away and came to the end of the line and so took up spinning for the last day or so of lounging.
One bobbin of single, unplied yarn.
The same bobbin of yarn has now been plied and rolled into a ball for easy knitting. The sweater as shown doesn't really demonstrate well because the circular needles are short and so the whole thing is bunched up and I can't lay it flat for a good picture. In hindsight, I should have used 36" needles if they make such a thing, rather than 24" needles because it would be easier to see what I'm doing and I could try it on Paul to see if it is fitting right across the shoulders. I've been knitting from the neck down and am at the area where the sleeves will later be knitted.
Lounging is an understatement of our weekend. On Friday we did go have a look at our house to check on progress (dry wall is up!), and then started our Christmas shopping and errands.

I love the hardwood floors! They will be stained a walnut color.

View from "the gathering room" of the kitchen and front entry way.

Yesterday morning began our 10-11 hours of sleep each night because brrrrr... it's been cold and bed is so comfy. We've been drinking hot chocolate or tea,
slouching around in our PJ's, knitting, Star Warsing, spinning and movie watching. Yesterday we did not step a foot outside and today other than a walk to the dumpster and a trip to church, we did not go anywhere. It's been really relaxing and refreshing.

1 comment:

Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

Enjoy your recreational spinning now..... fiber is coming!