Thursday, July 10, 2008

Constant Companion

The Sweater II, my knitting project, has been my constant companion this week. We have argued ("I know I didn't purl those stitches a few rows back! Now you are making me pull out your last few rows!"), we have weathered the storm on the bike ride through the rain, we have waited out the storm in Caribou Coffee and today we were in the field together.

Yep, I'm down in Florence, SC working for a few days, and my job is to make sure two samplers keep their gloves and safety glasses on. So, while I'm keeping a close watch, I get a few rows in here and there. Now, me and my knitting are in the lobby of the hotel getting ready to pay some bills on the laptop. For some reason, wireless does not reach the 7th floor, so I've parked it in here in the lobby.

In a nutshell, my knitting has given me some strange looks, has inspired some conversation at the coffee shop and at the office (I'm in the process of giving knitting lessons to a guy in our office), and even though me and my knitting don't always get along, we are connected at the moment. With a good project, it's just plain hard to put it down!

1 comment:

Jeana Marie said...

oh! I have yet to try a cable ... the most adventurous knitting I've done is a few bauble on a little hat. Looks really fun!