Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Crosswalks are for Everyone

I was driving to work a few days ago and was stopped at stop light in Charlotte when a whole flock of Canadian geese began crossing the road at the crosswalk. They seemed to wait until the light turned green and then the leader confidently stepped out. The rest of his flock were doubting Thomases, however, and lingered behind for a few minutes before crossing. This is a bad picture taken through my windshield, but you can see the brown blobs to the left and the one lone leader off to the right, nearly across the street.
They were waddling halfway across when their light turned red. Those of us going to work that were crossing their path started easing our way across. They weren't decisive about going forward at a good pace, so we went on and crossed ahead of them. But, as I looked into their faces as I went by to say "sorry", I felt real sheepish. For they seemed to say, "How dare you! We're in the crosswalk!"

2 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

Hi Karen! How serendipitous you were there to see the geese!

I keep thinking about writing you an email in response to your last one, but I haven't yet ... I will make the effort tomorrow after a good night's sleep (I hope!) Thanks for the compliment on my photo - I just started trying to learn a little bit about photo editing. It's fun, but I think I could get far to carried away ... too much ignoring children today!

Karen said...

It really made my day seeing the urbanized geese! You'd never see something like that in L.A.!

Oh don't even worry! Life is busy and hectic for all. Any little communication is good and these comments are fun because they allow us all to keep in touch in just a quick minute as opposed to sitting down and composing an email...

I haven't done much photo editing except for my blog title picture, and then in my scrapbooks. Not much digitally!