Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oh it's the Weekend!

Here is my bike in the back of the car in the parkinglot a few miles from work (last Tuesday). I never did the bike ride again last week as I ended up working from home on Thursday. I'll be trying the ride again on Monday.


I finished my first skein of yarn! Notice how different it looks in different lighting.
This was our 4th of July morning- staining/sealing the deck. No rain was in the forecast for the day so we needed to seize the day. Plus, our barbeque is on 5th rather than the 4th so we wanted it looking nice for Saturday.

2 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

wow- the yarn turned out really lovely! hmmm - after seeing it I'm feeling like trying to get in touch with some spinners in this area -I met some at an Alpaca show at a farm close to us a few months ago... there is some lovely wool in Australia -I'll have to send you some someday!

Karen said...

I think you'd love it, Jeana. You have the creative juices and I'm sure the need to relax and unwind after a busy day running after the kids. Once you put in some time to learn, it is a very peaceful, meditative type of hobby (At first it is highly frustrating- be warned!).